Prior to construction installation, pine panelling should be handled as follows:
- Packs of panelling should be protected from moisture variation, marking and damage with impermeable wrappings. Wrappings that are damaged should be repaired immediately;
- Packs should be supported a minimum of 300 mm above ground;
- Packs should be supported at no greater than 450 mm centres;
- Impermeable wrappings should be spaced off the top and bottom boards of the packs with off cuts to create an air gap;
- Ventilation around the packs should be encouraged and
- Grass and other materials that create or encourage damp conditions should be kept away from timber packs.
Prior to final fixing of pine panelling in the building, the following are recommended:
- Leave fixing of wall and ceiling boarding as late as practical;
- Fix boarding after plumbing and other wet trades are complete and the building is sealed and
- Acclimatise the boarding to the sealed environment for several days prior to fixing.
TRADAC Technical Data Sheet 1 - Pine Panelling